The Scope of This Policy
This policy applies to all NaviTaek users, including Riders and Drivers (collectively, “Users” or “You”), and to all NaviTaek platforms and services, including our apps, websites, features, and other services (collectively, the “NaviTaek Platform”). Users include Driver applicants. Please remember that your use of the NaviTaek Platform is also subject to our Terms of Service.
The Information We Collect
When you use the NaviTaek Platform, we collect the information you provide, usage information, and information about your device. We also collect information about you from other sources like third-party service providers and from optional programs in which you participate. We may combine information from third-party sources with other information that we have about you. Here are the types of information we collect about you:
A. Information You Provide to Us
Account Registration. When Users create an account with NaviTaek, we require that you provide and we collect certain information that you provide us, such as your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and payment information. User may choose to share additional info with us for your User profile, like your photo or saved addresses (e.g., home or work), and set up other preferences (such as your preferred pronouns).
Driver Information. If you apply to be a Driver, we will collect the information you provide in your application, including your name, email address, phone number, birth date, profile photo, physical address, government identification number (such as social security number), driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information. We collect the payment information you provide us, including your bank routing numbers, and tax information. We may need additional information from you after you become a Driver, including information to confirm your identity.
Ratings and Feedback. When you rate and provide feedback about Riders or Drivers, we collect the information you provide in your feedback.
Communications. When you contact us or we contact you, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages or attachments that you send us.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the NaviTaek Platform
Location Information. Easy and accurate pickup is a priority. The NaviTaek Platform collects location information (GPS) consistent with your NaviTaek app settings and device permissions as well as whether you are using the platform as a Rider or Driver:
- Riders: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the NaviTaek app, including while the app is running in the background from the time you request a ride until it ends.
- Drivers: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the app, including while the app is running in the background when it is in driver mode. We also collect precise location for a limited time after you exit driver mode in order to detect ride incidents and continue collecting your location information until a reported or detected incident is no longer active.
- Location information that is collected is encrypted and archived.
- Ride activity is captured using a dashcam technology.
Usage Information. We collect information about your use of the NaviTaek Platform, including ride information like the date, time, destination, distance, route, payment, and, in the case of Riders, whether you used a promotional or referral code. We also collect information about your interactions with the NaviTaek Platform like our apps and websites, including the pages and content you view and the dates and times of your use.
Device Information. We collect information about the devices you use to access the NaviTaek Platform, including device model, IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, preferences, and settings (such as preferred language), application installations, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. If you are a Driver, we also collect mobile sensor data from your device (such as speed, direction, and other meta and technical data).
Communications Between Riders and Drivers. Information related to communication between Riders and Drivers may be collected including the participants’ phone numbers, the date and time, and the contents of SMS messages.
Cookies, Analytics, and Third-Party Technologies. We collect de-identified information using “cookies”, tracking pixels, data analytics tools, and other third-party technologies to understand how you navigate through the NaviTaek Platform and interact with NaviTaek advertisements, to make your NaviTaek experience safer and to improve your site experience. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings to your preferences. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may miss out on certain features of the NaviTaek Platform and the user-experience may not be optimized.
C. Information We Collect from Third Parties
Third-Party Services. Third-party service providers, also known as co-processors, provide us with information needed for core aspects of the NaviTaek Platform, as well as for additional services, programs, loyalty benefits, and promotions that can enhance your NaviTaek experience. These third-party services include background check providers, insurance partners, financial service providers, marketing providers, and other businesses. We obtain the following information about you from these third-party services:
- Background check information for Drivers;
- Third-party program information related to things like insurance coverage and financial instruments, such as insurance, payment, transaction, and fraud detection information;
- Information to operationalize loyalty and promotional programs or applications, services, or features you choose to connect or link to your NaviTaek account.
- Specific service information, such as demographic and market segment information but in a de-identified manner.
Business Program. If you use NaviTaek as a Rider through your employer or another organization that you are affiliated with that participates in one of our NaviTaek Business enterprise programs, we will collect information about you from those parties, such as your name and contact information.
Agent Service. Sometimes another business or entity may order Riders a NaviTaek ride. If an organization has ordered a ride for you using our Concierge service, they will provide us your contact information and the pickup and drop-off location for your ride.
Referral Programs. Friends help friends use the NaviTaek Platform. If someone refers you to NaviTaek, we will collect information about you from that referral including your name and contact information.
Other Users and Sources. Other Users or public or third-party sources such as law enforcement, insurers, media, or pedestrians may provide us information about you, for example as part of an investigation into an incident or to provide you support.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to:
- Deliver the NaviTaek Platform services to you;
- Maintain the security and safety of the NaviTaek Platform and its Use
- Build and maintain the NaviTaek community;
- Provide customer support;
- Improve the NaviTaek Platform; and
- Respond to legal proceedings and obligations.
Providing the NaviTaek Platform. We use your personal information to ensure a meaningful experience on our platform. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity and maintain account, settings, and preferences;
- Connect you to your rides and track progress;
- Calculate prices and process payments;
- Allow Riders and Drivers to connect regarding their ride and to choose to share their location
- Communicate with you about your rides
- Collect feedback
- Facilitate additional services and programs with third parties; and
- Operate promotions.
Maintaining the Security and Safety of the NaviTaek Platform and its Users. It is our aim to provides Users with a secure and safe experience. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Authenticate users;
- Verify that Drivers and their vehicles meet safety requirements;
- Investigate and resolve incidents, accidents, and insurance claims;
- Encourage safe driving behavior and avoid unsafe activities;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Block and remove unsafe or fraudulent Users from the NaviTaek Platform.
Building and Maintaining the NaviTaek Community. NaviTaek works to be a positive part of the community. We use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you about events, promotions, and campaigns;
- Personalize and provide content, experiences, communications, and advertising to promote and grow the NaviTaek Platform.
Providing Customer Support. We work to provide the best user-experience possible, including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding the NaviTaek Platform.
Improving the NaviTaek Platform. We use information related to your interactions with the NaviTaek Platform to improve your experience and provide you with new and helpful features. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Perform research, testing, and analysis;
- Develop new products, features, partnerships, and services;
- Prevent, find, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues; and
- Monitor and improve our operational processes, including security practices, algorithms, and other modeling.
Responding to Legal Proceedings and Requirements. Should legal, government entities, or other regulatory bodies have demands with respect to the services we seek to provide, we may use your personal information to respond to those obligations.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your personal information. To make the NaviTaek Platform work, we may need to share your personal information with other users, third parties, and service providers but we will only do so for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. This section explains when and why we share your information.
A. Sharing Between NaviTaek Users
Riders and Drivers.
Rider information shared with Driver: Upon receiving a ride request, we share with the Driver the Rider’s pickup location, name, profile photo, rating, Rider statistics (number of rides and years as a Rider), and information the Rider includes in their Rider profile (like preferred pronouns). Upon pickup and during the ride, we share with the Driver the Rider’s destination and any additional stops the Rider inputs into the NaviTaek app. Once the ride is completed, we also share the Rider’s rating and feedback with the Driver.
(The Rider’s identity associated with ratings and feedback is removed when we share it with Drivers.),
Driver information shared with Rider: Upon acceptance of a requested ride, we will share with the Rider the Driver’s name, profile photo, preferred pronouns, rating, real-time location, and the vehicle make, model, color, and license plate, as well as other information in the Driver’s NaviTaek profile, such as information Drivers choose to add.
Although we help Riders and Drivers communicate with one another to arrange a pickup, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other Users. If you report a lost or found item to us, we will seek to connect you with the relevant Rider or Driver, including sharing your actual contact information but only with your consent.
Shared Ride Riders. When Riders use a NaviTaek Shared Ride, we share each Rider’s first name and profile picture to ensure safety. Shared Ride Riders may also see each other’s pickup and drop-off locations because the shared route will be visible to Shared Ride Riders.
Rides Requested or Paid for by Others. Some rides you take may be requested or paid for by others. If you take a ride using (1) your NaviTaek Business Profile account, (2) a code or coupon, (3)a corporate credit card linked to another account, or (4) another user otherwise requests or pays for a ride for you, we may share some or all of your ride details with that other party, including the date, time, charge, rating given, region of trip, and pick up and drop off location of your ride.
Referral Programs. If you refer someone to the NaviTaek Platform, we will let them know that you generated the referral. If another User referred you, we may share first name or user ID information about your use of the NaviTaek Platform with that user.
B. Sharing with Third-Party Service Providers for Business Purposes
Whether you’re a Rider or a Driver, NaviTaek may share the following categories of your personal information for the specific business purpose of providing you with a variety of the NaviTaek Platform’s features and services:
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, government identification number (such as social security number), driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information;
- Financial information, such as bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information you provide us;
- Commercial information, such as ride information, Driver/Rider statistics and feedback, and Driver/Rider transaction history;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, carrier and/or manufacturer, device identifiers, and mobile advertising identifiers; and
- Location data.
We disclose those categories of personal information to service providers to fulfill the following business purposes:
- Maintaining and servicing your NaviTaek account;
- Processing or fulfilling rides;
- Providing you customer service;
- Processing Rider transactions;
- Processing Driver applications and payments;
- Verifying the identity of users;
- Detecting and preventing fraud;
- Processing insurance claims related to User damages or injuries occurring during a ride;
- Providing Driver loyalty and promotional programs (with the potential of your opting out);
- Providing marketing and advertising services to NaviTaek (with the potential of your opting out);
- Providing financing;
- Providing requested emergency services;
- Providing analytics services to NaviTaek (with available opt out) ; and
- Undertaking internal research to develop the NaviTaek Platform.
C. For Legal Reasons and to Protect the NaviTaek Platform
We may share your personal information in response to a legal obligation, or if we have determined that sharing your personal information is reasonably necessary or appropriate to:
- Comply with any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- Respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order);
- Enforce our Terms of Service;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law; or
- Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety or the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, third parties, or the public as required or permitted by law.
D. In Connection with Sale or Merger
We may share your personal information in a de-identified form while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets.
E. Upon Your Further Direction
With your permission or upon your direction, we may disclose your personal information to interact with a third party or for other purposes.
How We Store and Protect Your Information
We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide you and our other Users the NaviTaek Platform. This means we keep your profile information for as long as you maintain an account. We retain transactional information such as rides and payments for at least seven years to ensure we can perform legitimate business functions, such as accounting for tax obligations.
Appropriate measures are designed to protect your personal information. Standards we follow: PCI DSS, SOC I & II and SSAE.
Your Rights And Choices Regarding Your Data
As explained more below, NaviTaek provides ways for you to access and delete your personal information as well as exercise other data rights that give you certain control over your personal information.
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe in those messages.
Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving commercial or promotional text messages. Note that opting out of receiving all texts may impact your ability to use certain features of the NaviTaek Platform.
Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your ability to use certain features of the NaviTaek Platform (such as receiving a notification that your ride has arrived).
Profile Information. You can review and edit certain account information you have chosen to add to your profile by logging in to your account settings and profile.
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing location information through your device’s system settings. But if you do, this may impact NaviTaek’s ability to provide you with our full range of features and services.
Cookie Tracking. You can modify your cookie settings on your browser, but if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies, you may be missing out on certain features of the NaviTaek Platform.
The categories of cookies outlined in the table below is intended as illustrative and should not be viewed as a comprehensive list.
|Types of Cookies||Purpose|
|Strictly Necessary||These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) are essential to enable your use of the site or Services, such as assisting with your account login and authentication, so we can deliver to you the relevant features and content, such as your account information, trip history, and to edit your account settings. They may also provide authentication, site security, and help localize the language based on the geography of your visit.|
|Analytics, Performance and Research||These are used to understand, improve, and research products and Services. We may collect this information when you access the NaviTaek website and third-party partner websites and apps from a computer or mobile device.|
|Advertising||These cookies and pixels are used to deliver relevant ads to users and to track email marketing or ad campaign performance and efficiency. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie, attribution service or another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad and how it performed or provide us with information about how you interact with them.|
|Mobile-Specific||These third-party service providers use various technologies to deliver relevant mobile ads, and to track mobile marketing or mobile ad campaign performance and efficiency.|
Deleting Your Account. If you would like to delete your NaviTaek account, please visit our home page. In the event of an issue with use of the NaviTaek Platform related to security, safety, or fraud, We will maintain your account until the issue is resolved and then proceed to delete the account. When we delete your account, we may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations. When we retain such data, we continue to secure the information and we do so in ways designed to prevent its use for purposes outside of what is disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
Website: You may visit our privacy homepage NaviTaek.com to authenticate your identity and to exercise your data privacy rights via our website.
To respond to requests related to the exercise of your rights, we will need to verify your identity either by asking you to log in and authenticate your account or otherwise verify your identity by providing information about yourself or your account. Authorized agents can make a request on your behalf if you have given them legal power of attorney, or we are provided proof of signed permission, verification of your identity, and confirmation that you provided the agent permission to submit the request.
NaviTaek is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at our information center. firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Third-Party Websites
The NaviTaek Platform may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites may have privacy policies that differ from ours and we are not responsible for those websites. We recommend that you review their policies. Please contact those websites directly should you have any questions about their practices.
We may update this policy from time to time as the NaviTaek Platform changes and privacy law evolves. If we update it, we will do so online, and if we make material changes, we will let you know through the NaviTaek Platform. When you use NaviTaek, you are agreeing to the most recent terms of this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy, including if you need to access this policy in an alternative format, we encourage you to contact us email@example.com